Safety is as important to us as amazing performance and build quality. It should be important to you as well!
Our ROGUE and FURY EDGE convection devices have food-grade stainless steel air paths and chambers and have glass vapor paths. They are also crafted with food-grade materials from tip to tip. The air paths are completely isolated - meaning you are not inhaling chemicals from the electronics.
*All of our devices have been RoHS Certified for your safety.
RoHS Certification restricts the use of the following ten substances:
1. Lead (Pb)
2. Mercury (Hg)
3. Cadmium (Cd)
4. Hexavalent Chromium (Cr6+)
5. Polybrominated Biphenyls (PBB)
6. Polybrominated diphenyl ether (PBDE)
7. Bis (2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP)
8. Butyl benzyl phthalate (BBP)
9. Dibutyl phthalate (DBP)
10. Diisobutyl phthalate (DIBP)
*All of our devices are also CE Certified
This certification mark indicates conformity with health, safety, and environmental protection standards for products sold within the European Economic Area. The CE marking is also found on products sold outside the EEA that are manufactured in, or designed to be sold in, the EEA.
Our ROGUE and FURY EDGE devices use Lithium Polymer (LiPo ) batteries that have a soft-shell and therefore will not explode. Safety is why we only use Lithium Polymer batteries in our devices. Many other devices have batteries, including user-replaceable batteries, that are using less safe hard-shell 18650 Lithium-Ion batteries.
Please be aware if you are considering buying a device from another manufacturer that uses the hard-shell 18650 Lithium-Ion batteries. These batteries can overheat because of a sharp poke, a short, or even overcharging. At about 300 degrees Fahrenheit, the electrolyte gel carrying particles between the two electrodes of the standard lithium-ion battery can ignite, and then explode due to the hard-shell design. (Thankfully, this is not the case with our safer Lithium Polymer batteries due to their soft-pouch characteristics).
We thoroughly test our all of our devices. Each device undergoes all of the rigorous testing listed here:
- Wire tension test
- Coating adhesion test
- Cosmetics-resistant test
- High temperature storage test
- Cryogenic storage test
- Cryogenic drop test
- Cryogenic storage bending test
- High and low temperature exchange test
- Salt spray test
- Defective test
- Static battery test
- Button life test
- Switch life test
- USB plug/unplug life test
- Device dropping test
- Carton dropping test
- Simulation of transport drop test
- Wire bending life test
- Assembly and disassembly life test
- Battery protections: low voltage protection, over voltage protection, over current protection, short circuit protection, open circuit protection, overheat protection, reset protection, lithium polymer battery overcharge & over-discharge protection.